Information About The Defusing Hostile Customers Workbook For The Public Sector
Government staff have to deal with all manner of hostile and angry behavior from members of the public. It’s not fair but it comes with the territory. When hostile and volatile situations occur it is YOUR be ha vi our, and that of your staff that will help determine whether the situation escalates, or whether it cools down so something positive and constructive can happen. While some people have developed some skills in defusing, very few people are able to consistently use the many strategies and skills needed to build bridges across stormy waters.
Now in its third edition, this “seminar in a book” has been lauded by government clients throughout North America, for its uniqueness, completeness and applicability to the public sector.
Defusing Hostile Customers Workbook For The Public Sector is chock full of specific techniques that can be used on the job immediately to shorten abusive interactions and reduce complaints “up the line”. It presents a basic framework for understanding manipulative and angry people. At 200+ pages, it walks you through the defusing process and teaches you the “uncommon skills of defusing”. Based on our popular seminar, it includes exercises and assignments people can use to practice the skills so they are available when really needed.
Who Will Benefit From This Workbook
Any government employees (including supervisors or managers) who deal with difficult, angry and volatile clientele in person or on the phone.
- Based on our popular seminar for government staff. Can be used in addition to, or instead of seminar attendance.
- Only book on the market intended exclusively for government staff.
- Can be read through, or used as a workbook.
- Exercises for extensive practice and application are included for each set of skills.
- Has been used by every provincial government and the federal government and a number of state and municipal and local governments.
- Practice exercises included are accompanied by examples and explanations so users can assess their progress.
- The book is a perfect tool for government organizations to develop their own live training on this subject, since it contains all the content necessary, plus a good idea of the type of learning activities one can use. It can save thousands in training development costs, and a number of our clients have gone this route.
We understand people like to buy books after holding them, and leafing through them to assess suitability, so for this reason, we distribute the physical book via amazon which has a liberal return policy. Even if you buy the electronic version, we'll allow you to review it, and if you find it not appropriate for your needs, we'll return your purchase price.