How To Make Performance Appraisals Work Despite The Forms And Bureaucracy In Government
Government shares one characteristic when it comes to performance appraisals. Given poor forms, and a bureaucratic tendency towards "one size fits all", the whole point of reviews is lost, and with it, all the benefits.
There's hope though, and in this keynote, your audience will hear how successful government managers are using reviews and the performance management process to improve productivity, increase employee engagement, and cut drastically the fear and discomfort around reviews, DESPITE the tools they have to use.
Some Sub-Topic Possibilities
- The forms aren't going away, so what to do to make the most from reviews
- How you can augment the system you are stuck with without spending more time on it -- in fact, how to spend LESS time.
- The benefits of doing it "right"
- Refocusing on the "right goals and purposes for the review" -- improving performance in the future
- Making the shift from past to present and future